Star Wars Episode 1 Pinball
You won’t have to travel to a galaxy far, far away to enjoy this revolutionary advance in pinball gaming, it’s the Star Wars Episode I pinball machine by Williams!
As the second and final game in the Pinball 2000 series, this game features technology that mixes actual sound and video from the movie in a striking way to create the most explosive gameplay in the galaxy. This is achieved by the unique cabinet design that places a full color monitor screen above the playfield inside of that backbox. That backbox hangs over the upper portion of the playfield, the reflection of the image creating a mesmerizing psuedo-holographic special effect. Targets and ramps are placed at the back to correspond with the virtual targets, creating a style of pinball that is unlike anything else in gaming
Players mush progress through 13 different game sequences on their journey to be come Jedi Masters, culminating in a lightsaber duel with the Sith, Darth Maul. This is further enhanced by a second button that is at your fingertips, the ‘Action’ button. That button allows you to activate events such as firing lasers or torpedoes, choosing the movie scene and more. Challenging, adventurous and visually captivating, this pinball masterpiece is a must have for any Star Wars fan (regardless your feelings on the movie itself 😉 ) !
Williams’ Star Wars Episode I Pinball Features:
– A unique twist on the concept of hybrid video game/pinball entertainment
– Fully licensed and based upon Star Wars Episode I with many scenes and sounds from the film
– Designed by John Popadiuk (designer of Theatre of Magic, Circus Voltaire, Tales of the Arabian Nights and others)
– Part of the Pinball 2000 game series which used a full color monitor in the backbox to create a holographic effect of virtual targets
– Play through 13 scenes on your quest to become a true Jedi Master, culminating in a lightsaber battle with the skilled Darth Maul
– Figurines representing Princess Amidala’s starship, Jar Jar Binks, Watoo, Trade Federation fighters and a green light-up Lightsaber are present on the playfield.
– Two flippers, two game buttons (Flipper and Action) two ramps and multiple targets to aim for
– The final game release by Williams/WMS before they exited the pinball business
– Full color CRT monitor is located inside of the backbox; ask about conversion to a more reliable and safer LCD!
– Ships with a standard coin door